Apr 2, 2011

Finding Work

Finding Work

Here's the thing about seeking work when your homeless. ( GET A JOB YOU BUM ).
  • People want to see an address on your application
  • They want a phone number where you can be reached
  • Most employers pay by check or direct deposit  ( Most are not willing to pay cash )
  • A bank account is needed ( min. to open ? checking w/ debit card .  $200. ) + address
  • Transportation
  • Food- At the very least lunch and water
 So your very clever and industrious and overcome these obstacles.

This truly happened to me. " O.K. buddy I'll give you a try .meet me at xxx in the morning we start at  6:00am and work until 4:00pm. Do you think you can handle it, landscaping is hot , hard work. I'll pay you $8 an hour and we'll see how it goes. "
I made it through the week, ruined a good pair of jeans and a couple of shirts but it was worth it because today was payday and I  knew the boss was satisfied with my work because he told me so. He even brought me a sandwich everyday , he knew I was broke. " Sorry guy but I can't pay you today, I haven't been paid on that job yet myself but here's $20 I hope it helps. I should have the rest of your money by mid-week are you still coming in? " Yes. I had no choice and he seemed like a good guy. I worked two more days when I finally realized he was screwing me. He had excuses but no cash. I didn't know where he lived . I didn't even know his last name. I didn't know if he had a company name.
  • Who do I call and complain too. No one that's who. This is where desperation leads.
Live and learn , talk about disappointment , anger , I suffered having only a sandwich a day , My feet were so sore I could hardly walk. My clothes were wrecked. he gave me the hardest ,dirtiest , work.
I guess that's all folks think you deserve when they have no respect for you.
I just keep on trying .I want to live! ( get a job you bum )
I guess that's why there's a lot of homeless , jobless people holding up cardboard signs.
  • It is humiliating                                                                    
  • It is not easy standing in the sun doing this         
  • sometimes people throw things at you
  • sometimes people insult you
  • The cops can arrest you ( interfering with traffic )

  • The cops can trespass you ( from shopping malls , parks , forever )
  • sometimes bad people offer you work and try to get you into their car ( you figure it out )
    I'm sure a lot of them just want drinking and drugging money to ease their pain. but if you think this is a lazy way to do it - You try.
    I myself don't do drugs but I will drink a four pack of beer on Sunday ( I treat myself )
    Sometimes the person with that sign is hungry or have a kid(s) or girlfriend or wife.
    I don't " fly the sign " for the above reasons but believe me I've been tempted.

    [s7.jpg]

    TILL NEXT TIME.........

No comments:

Post a Comment