May 10, 2011

I Am Grateful

I  Am  Gratful

Eunice Graham  tweeted me she is going to send me a used laptop ( 3 keys missing and I'll need a power cord  ) but to me that is like  hearing Christmas morning has arrived .
I grew up ,  raised by my Mom  who worked two jobs , nursing home ,and something else I don't remember. My Dad left us when She became pregnant with my little brother. She raised four kids on her own and never went on welfare. Although I do recollect eating Gov. cheese and such I think there were times when she used the food pantry.
When us kids would go to the fridge , it was first come first served. Mom always made sure we were in by dark and had dinner for us.
I never had a Birthday party and Christmas was sporadic at best. We wore hand me downs and were not allowed to talk to strangers and for sure could not accept gifts from them.
We were taught to have good manners. This is why I am blown away by the generosity of Eunice . All I can say is Thankyou.

Eunice  can be found at http://www.wishesandangels.com a true people loving website.

                        TILL NEXT TIME..........

No comments:

Post a Comment