Jun 21, 2011

Training Week 2

Training  Week  2

We are going through a super heat wave with high humidity since the weekend. It has been 100 degrees + and will drop down to low 90's by next weekend. I started week 2 of training 6/20/11 . I have been practicing my pre-trip inspection and driving through the "cones" - straight backing , offset backing , parallel parking. Then comes the road course with train tracks , Turns , stops etc. I will pass my exam on Thurs. I have no doubt. I have been getting wheel time and even picked up riders while learning routes. I like this job and hope nothing goes wrong , I only say that because every time I let myself get happy I end up disappointed. Last night I felt like I was sleeping in a puddle. I get up at 6:30am to be at the terminal by 8:00am. I have to go s**t , shave ,and wash my hair. I also have to wear dress clothes with shinable shoes. khaki and navy blue are the Co. colors. I have to get there at least 15 min early to let the a/c dry my sweat from the walk in and the shoes gave me blisters. I eat once a day and drink water that I fill in a plastic bottle. Mostly peanut butter sandwiches . I 'm hoping to be indoors in two months but I wish it was two days. Oh well , I just do alot with very little. It's extreamly trying  and difficult mentaly and physically . I get off at 5:00 then I come to the library to escape the heat.There is no way I can sit in the tent until the sun goes down around 9:oopm , even then it is hot and sweaty until 4 or 5am. O.K. I'm done groaning. I'm smiling

                        
                 
                             TILL NEXT TIME...................

No comments:

Post a Comment