Jun 9, 2011

Give Me A Break

Give Me A Break

Today I went to check on my mail at the P.O. I was surprised when the clerk came out with a letter , I wasn't expecting anything but you never know. It was from the I.R.S. It said according to them I owed back taxes from 2001 -$800+ add penalties and interest = get this $4,364.37 . They have been messing up my refunds and statements since the 80's . I called immediately to find out why they put a levy on my debit card which had a whopping $26 until they took it. I explained I was indigent and homeless and how they have been taking the same $400 for an old army debt every year for twenty years . and every time I thought it was resolved , they took it again .He said that's water over the dam.they are only going back as far as 2005. He said the good news was that they are lifting the levy. So when I do get paid I'll  be able to spend my own money. he also said I'm entitled to a couple of refunds ( which they will be keeping ) He is sending me a ( forest ) of paperwork and forms. But the penalties etc. will keep accruing. I told him I just want this monkey off my back. So I don't care but by the end of the year I'm going to be settled up with the Gov. Today's headache courtesy of the I.R.S. - every time I get over a mountain there  is a bigger one in my way . Oh well at least I don't have a shortage of challenges. After this little problem is cleared I'll be free from all debt. That is a wonderful thought .I seem to be able to hold money in my hand for 5 minutes tops before I get to place into somebody else's hand . but I don't owe anyone ( except this,they say ) so I'm better off than most U.S. citizens.



                                           Till Next Time...............

No comments:

Post a Comment